14 November 2009

10.6.2 = WiFi Woes

I got through the 10.6.2 update unscathed. Or so I thought.
While it was relatively easy to update from 10.6.1:
1) Get Tea's patched 10.6.2 kernel and rename it as "mach_kernel_tea" and then put it in "/"
2) Edit my com.apple.Boot.plist in /SnowLeoHPMini_101709/bootplist_update to specify "mach_kernel_tea" as my default kernel. Should be easy to do this using Property List Editor.app (which you get when you install OS X Developper).
3) Unload my old SleepEnabler.kext from EFI and replace with newer 10.6.2 compatible SleepEnabler.kext from netkas.
4) Run the 10.6.2 update and restarted.
*Video resolution was crappy - 1024x576 instead of 1024x600 and Quartz Extreme wasn't working so I repatched my 27aeAppleIntelGMA950 and 27aeAppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer kexts and updated EFI's via the update script. (If you used my guide for your Snow Leo install, you know what I'm talking about)
But, look ma, no WiFi!
When I click on the AirPort icon sitting on the menubar, I get this:


Wonderful. Truly succint. I'm still trying to resolve this. I hope my research abilities ("googling abilities" ahem) don't fail me this time.
If all else fails, I'd have to revert to 10.6 kernel + System.kext + seatbelt.kext.

No comments: